Ladies and gents,
I have decided to step down from being the club's Time Trial Secretary as I would like to take a break from this role while I persue other cycling interests. Therefore, we need someone else to take on this role from the next AGM at the end of the year. The good news is that I am more than happy to help support the new person and most of the preparation and form filling for next season will be done by Christmas anyway.
The basic jobs are;
- organising the season calendar and liaising with London South District on suitable dates etc / sending off police notification forms / ensuring course risk assessments are met.
- Organising start sheets and results sheets (Steve Hillier has been awesome at helping organise this with a new spreadsheet)
- Ensuring marshals, signage, timekeepers are present / available. Jake has very kindly offered to help with this side of things and Brian has been our resident timekeeper for club events this season.
- Generally flag waving / encouraging members to take part in club and open time trials.
- Attend committee meetings (1 every 2/3 months) and eat cake.
If you want to give something back to the club and the sport, then this is a great way of doing it. Please do have a chat to me or drop me an e mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss it.